Friday, January 1, 2010

Bella's New Moon Vest

Happy New Year!

Well, these photos aren't perfect, but I finally worked out a chart for Bella's New Moon Vest. Just pick out your favorite fair isle vest pattern, and sub in the chart. I think the background color is actually chocolate brown, but it looked black at the time so that's what I used for this chart. I was thinking that it would be great worked in Palette from Knit Picks, and I thought that the Corrie Fair Isle Vest from Knit Picks as it comes in a range of sizing including tall, and it's knit in Palette.

The chart includes a red box around each section that shows where the pattern repeat is for that section. Bella's vest is worked in a corrugated ribbing for about three inches before the pattern starts, at least that's what I've worked out from the photos I can see. I do see that there is a large stripe section that I can't get a good look at, and I've only seen it in one photo so naturally this vest is not an exact copy, but the closest I've seen anywhere else. If I can get a good look at the other chart, I'll adjust my chart and let you all know about the update.

I have to say, I was really surprised at how fast this chart worked up, and how well received it was on Ravelry. Right now (not even 12 hours after I put it up) the pattern has 39 fans and is in 5 ques. I'm really excited about it, and I hope that I'll have some time to work this up into a more formal pattern and knit one up for myself.

Pattern is now available through Ravelry for download.

4 comments:

*** said...

Ok, yeah, the vest chart is gorgeous! If I could knit half as fast as I can think up new projects...

scarfhappy said...

This is adorable!! I would love to have the pdf emailed to me, if that's alright! my email is benningsm@yahoo.com

Thanks so much!!

Anonymous said...

The link does not lead you to the download. Is it still available for download? Do you have another link?

Cambria said...

Dear Anonymous,

It's a little difficult to reply to no one in particular so I hope that you see this. The charts were removed for reformatting to better match my current body of work. I may be releasing it as a formal pattern, and if you would like to be notified of the re-release, feel free to send me your email address and I'll let you know. Or if you're on ravelry, you can PM me there with that information.