Saturday, December 4, 2010

Cocky!

If any of you watch Bones, then you'll know exactly what this is, lol.  Turns out that the bird is a cockatoo!  Who knew?  I always thought it was a rooster.

So what does this have to do with anything, you may ask?  Well, instead of doing my homework last night, I got out of the shower inspired by this belt buckle and pulled up excel to chart out a brand new Booth-inspired sock...Cocky!  I've started a new Yahoo group page for my Bones Ravelry group to host knit-alongs with original patterns and this is the first one.  I'll be running this round for about 2 months (to get us past the holiday season) and then we'll add new patterns as they come.  If you're interested in joining the group, leave me a comment or send me a personal message on Ravelry and I'll get your pertinent info.  Once you receive an invite to the group, you'll be able to download patterns.  But if you don't feel like joining one more thing, I'll be releasing the patterns to the public after the end of each pattern's knit-along round.  That means that (assuming anyone else reads this thing and joins up) Cocky! will be released toward the end of January.
Here's what you need to know to knit this sock:
  • it's written for 8 sts per inch in the stranded pattern
  • you need to be able to read a chart, decrease, knit in the round, and be familiar with basic sock construction.
  • you'll need 50gm of red and 50gm of white fingering weight yarn (or any other color of your choice but I think you can see why I chose red and white).
  • the pattern is downloadable from the yahoo group in a PDF format.  please keep the pattern private, as it is an exclusive pattern for the group.
  • That's it!  No more.  Are you still reading this list?!
So, if anyone want's to get in on the fun, let me know.  More random patterns to come as I attempt to stay focused on my school work, and commissioned knitting, lol.

No comments: