Thursday, November 18, 2010

Fibonacci Cowl Pattern

Hi Folks!  I know that some of you who frequent the blog and stalk my Ravelry project page are no stranger to this finished object, but I finally decided to go ahead and write up the pattern.  It's now on Ravelry for sale, and I'm including a link on the blog for anyone those without Ravelry accounts who are interested.  This cowl is a one size fits all kind of deal.  My little guy stole mine when he was 3 and wore it all winter.  I finally knit him one of his own, and stole it back.  The pattern is a series of Fibonacci stripes which run opposite of each other.  It can be knit with 2 balls of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran, or any other aran weight yarn with at least 99 yds a ball.  It has a simple rolled edge detail that I though looked really pretty with the stripes, and it folds up small enough to stuff into a medium sized purse if its gets too hot to wear (or a coat pocket).  I wore mine all over Rhinebeck and it worked like a charm (I was there a year ago when it was frigid!)  Feel free to join me in my cowl obsession.  Come on, you know you wanna...

No comments: