Monday, January 2, 2012

As is customary around here...

I'm blogging when I should be working on my homework assignments.  But I really need a mental break, and this blog is therapeutic.  I don't know why I though I'd enjoy taking criminal justice classes (must be the part of me that's a fan of crime shows), but I'm finding it difficult to connect psychology and criminal justice.  I know that there are course designers, and my professors are just doing their best to facilitate this course, but I've hardly seen anything in my forensic psych that addresses specifically how psychology is used in the legal system.  The reading is almost exactly the same as my reading in the juvenile delinquency classes (which only deals with kids and crime), so that tells me that the course designers didn't add much to this class that helps the student tie the two together, and most of the time I feel like I'm groping around in the dark trying to find that needle-in-the-haystack answer that they're looking for.  Meanwhile, my boys are home from school driving me nuts and making it almost impossible to get any school work done.

In knitting news, I cast on for the second of two Santa Clause intarsia Christmas stockings that I'm doing for a client on commission.  I've also got another stocking and a pair of mittens (I've mentioned these both before) and I'm working on the beautiful Flora knee highs.  I ended up pulling the sock back to the ribbing and getting rid of the cherry red from Cascade.  It's a beautiful color, but I just don't like it in combination with any other color.  It mutes it too much.  So I decided to go with white in combination with my pretty Tosh sock.  I'll save that red for one of the non-stranded knee highs.  I just keep looking at this book and I'm so inspired to knit knee highs that it's difficult for me to stay on task with any of my other projects.  I seriously want to knit my way through this book.  Maybe I will, as a side project ;)

Speaking of side projects...I just took a look back and realized that I owe you all a post for the Great Sweater Design Project 2012.  I haven't forgotten you, but with trying to catch up on my school work, I just haven't had the time.  But maybe you could help me with something.  I'm torn between starting with a pullover, or a cardigan.  Any preferences?  Leave me a comment and weigh in.

No comments: