Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Parenting 101

for anyone who is interested (probably just my mom) i have posted on the Return With Honor site a paper that i had Dante write for me this weekend in response to a lie that he told. he flooded the bathroom floor by accident when the toilet overflowed, but decided that he had to hide it and lie about the cover up rather than tell me that the toilet overflowed. it isn't the first time that it's backed up and certainly won't be the last. he wouldn't have been in any trouble, but he lied to cover up something that wasn't his fault, and that is where he got himself into trouble. so besides having to clean the entire upstairs all day Saturday, he had to write me a 2 page report on what the scriptures say about lying and honesty. it was impressive.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Job Mom...Maybe he'll think about not only what the lie will do to him but also what the truth will do for him..and the truth will set us free..I love you kiddo and you do me proud...MOM