Saturday, March 12, 2011

Creativity ain't pretty

Creativity ain't pretty or conducive to sleep.  I was up till 2 am swatching for an exclusive pattern for Bella Yarns, for the Yarn Crawl this April.  When I went to bed, Alex was up and wet so that was another 20 minute circus to get him all cleaned up and settled in again.  He was awake for a while and trying to talk to me.  Fast forward to this morning when he decided to get me up out of bed at 6am.  Yep, I'm going on four hours of sleep, and two monster energy drinks folks.  I finished my swatches, had them approved by Naomi, came up with two more ideas on the way to the shop, brought home donuts and made dinner, worked on my project for school, and cast on for the afghan for Cascade.  Guess what else isn't pretty after four hours sleep (besides me...), my math skills.  I ran the numbers three times and came up with three different numbers.  I had to pull back one long, long row at least three times.  I think I have it now.  I am writing the pattern while I knit so I don't have to wonder what the heck I did while I was knitting under the influence of 4-hours of sleep.  I'll look at it again tomorrow and see if it looks right, before I get too far along.

No comments: