Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

The blog has been quiet for a while, but I've been working on my paper for my persuasive writing class, working on lab projects for biology, and knitting a shawl for my mother-in-law for Christmas. My father-in-law's socks are finished. So...what are our plans today you ask? Well, I'll tell you. We're going to Aaron's mother's for dinner. She and Jim have been cooking for days (as have I) and there will be turkey for the carnovors, and I made a veggie pot pie courtesy of a generous person on Ravelry for myself and anyone else who's interested. I also baked maple-roasted butternut squash from a recipe from Delish.com, Quick and Buttery Rolls from a recipe from the bees knees blog, and an apple pie from the America's Test Kitchens book that was my all time favorite birthday present from my friend Natalie. We'll be taking that all over, plus the pineapple cream pie that I bought from a former co-worker's child (fundraiser), and drinks for the boys and I. My hope is that we'll get over there in the next hour or so, so that I can get home in time to get Alex to bed by 5:30 as he's been waking up at 6am again. So, maybe I should get off the computer and go get a shower... I'll leave you with a photo of some of the stitch markers I've been working on. Have a very Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments: