Monday, December 14, 2009

When it rains...

Isn't this the cutest thing? I "Mad Men"ed myself on the Mad Men website. Surprisingly, I did a pretty good job of picking out my facial features considering I don't look at my own face as often as other people do. I've been seeing these all over Ravelry and I really wanted one, so...

Now, I know that i told you all about my ADP interview, and that I have been offered a job with Bella Yarns (which I accepted). Well today I was also offered a job with ADP, and I think I might have accepted that too. I don't think the shop can give me more than 10 hours per week, and even though I will still have my unemployment, I have some serious dental work that needs to be done, and the only dentist I trust does not accept the craptastic coverage offered by the State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations (can you believe that's the full name of this tiny state?). So the plan is to work my 24 hours per week at ADP, taking advantage of the wonderful benefits which are available on my first day of work and the fact that I'll have my schedule at least one month in advance, until the yarn shop can take me on with more hours and/or my husband finishes his new classes and gets a job. Now this is all just speculation, assuming that I pass the extensive background check (I can't imagine that I wouldn't) and that the shop can only give me limited hours. If either of these conditions turn out to be incorrect, then I'll be at the shop only, which is not a bad thing. The only bad thing is that my new job will start four days before the start of Sock Wars.

So, I bet you're wondering what's on the needles. It's baby socks. They're like crack. I've knit two pairs in two days, and today I cast on for a third. One pair was greenish/yellow, one was blue, and this pair is going to be red and white. They just work up so fast, and they seem to be just the thing to help me use up the crazy amount of sock yarn left-overs I have around here. That being said, I'm going to get off the computer to go back to my baby socks, and Netflix. This week I watched Quantum of Solace, Pan's Labyrinth, Scooby-doo and the Alien Invaders, Jim Henson's Story Tellers (Greek Myths), some episodes of Fairly Odd Parents, Sponge Bob season 3, and right now...The Alphabet Killer. I still have a paper to turn in, and a final exam to take. Wish me luck, and will power.

No comments: