Today I should be working on my Juvenile Delinquency Unit 4 project (which is worth about 100 pts) but instead I thought it would be fun to create a button for my big design project :) Feel free to take it for your sidebars if you wish (but remember to save it to your computer before uploading it). I've organized it so that all posts related to this project should be accessible from the button on my sidebar.
Last night, or early this morning depending on how you want to look at it, I finished the raglan yoke increases. I put it on some extra needles and tried it on. Success!! I've been taking notes and essentially writing the pattern as I go because I know that I won't remember any of the details regarding what I've done or where I decided to start increasing on the neck edges, or how many stitches I decided to cast on under the arms. I'm pleased with how the cable fit into the raglan section, and how the left-leaning and right-leaning increases crease a clean line on either side. I'm continuing these cables down the side of the body and I'm planning to stagger more cables on either side of these (in pairs of two) to create the waist shaping. That means that I should end up with a smaller waist in this sweater without having to work any decreases in that section. I like that idea, and it makes it easier for the individual knitter to adjust for more or less shaping by adding or removing cables.
You know, I have a lot of school work waiting for me, and a Christmas stocking that needs to be finished by the end of January, but I'm having a really difficult time putting this sweater down, now that I've finally started it ;) Next up, Part 4: cable waist decreases!