Saturday, May 15, 2010

Rhode Island Sheep and Wool Festival

Today I went with my buddy from work to the Coggshell Farm Sheep and Wool Festival near Colt State Park.  I bought a family membership to the Coggshell Museum which has a Harvest Festival, a pumpkin patch, maple sugaring in March, and a few other really neat things that they do each year.  They dress up in period Colonial costumes and do things exactly as they did way back when.  It was really neat and I think Alex will get a kick out of it, plus it's only about 10 minutes down the road from work so it's pretty close by. 

My, oh my, did I ever score on some really great yarn and roving, and even some patterns and a beautiful shawl pin.  I hit the Knitaholic's tent pretty hard and I bought some lace weight hand dyed yarn from Play at life fiber arts, one is 1500 yds of reclaimed 100% merino lace weight in Pink Kitten and the other is 635 yds of a beautiful pink/peach/yellow/coral lace weight reclaimed yarn.  Both were on clearance and I got them for a steal at $5 each!  I got the best shawl pin ever with pretty red enamel beads on a brass swirly pin, and I also got a set of tiny shell buttons for my great-nephew's sweater, and two bags (4 oz each) of roving with some of the grease still in it.  I bought a copy of the Feather Duster shawl and the Ishbel Scarf (finally, lol).  It was the gorgeous gold skein of Ball and Skein Super Sock 416 that I found to knit it from.  A local alpaca farm sold me the most beautiful 172 yd skein of grayish-brown worsted weight undyed natural alpaca.  And from Bartlettyarns, Inc (from Maine), I bought two skeins of worsted Romney yarn in oatmeal and perfect buttery yellow and 16oz. of white Romney wool top.  I got fantastic deals on everything!  I have more yarn than I have time to knit it, and I need a new stash storage bin :)  Life is good.

No comments: