Saturday, February 19, 2011

brand new make-up, and brand new knits

Unfortunately, I'm swamped with school right now (what else is new, right) and I haven't had much time to post.  I've also got about four finishing/repair projects sitting on my coffee table right now that need my attention.  So what did I do with the bulk of my day?  I cast on for a brand new secret project using some yarn that I've been dieing to work with.  I'm really enjoying it, but I've been pulling a lot of vegetable matter out of the balls and that bugs me a bit.  Otherwise, the yarn is wonderful and soft and warm and I'm super excited about the color palette.  Why all the secrecy?  Because I plan to submit this one somewhere (I'm not sure where yet) and some places won't take the submission if so much as a photo has hit the web.  If any of you know me personally, I'm sure you'll see it.  If not, (if I have my way) you'll see it picked up by some knitting magazine or online source somewhere and I'll be taking my first steps toward Big Girl pattern writing.  By the way...has anyone else ever heard of a 'Domo' or a 'Shoop da Loop'?  No.  Good, I thought it was just us.  Look like I'll be knitting something for The Boy using these images.  Take a second and Google it.  I'll wait.

You back?  I also got a Kat Von D eyeshadow palette from Sephora (did I tell you this already...?!).  Anyway, it's fantastic.  Everything they said it would be.  I've been playing with my make-up for four days and really vamping it up.  One half of the palette is gonna be off limits for work and church, lol, but the rest I consider for general use.  Now, don't let this little paragraph make you think that I'll actually bother to wear make-up more often then I do.  I just like having it in the house.

No comments: