Sunday, July 18, 2010

Hot and tired

I know it's been quite a while since I've taken time to post, but as you may know...it's been pretty hot and I've been pretty tired.  Things are basically good.  The sleep study found that Alex may be anemic, which might be part of the reason for the excessive leg movements in his sleep.  They didn't find a cause for why he gets up most nights, but did say that it's a symptom of sleep deprivation.  That at least proves what I've been saying for so many years now.  So we're making some adjustments to his bedtime routine and trying to see if that helps at all. 

School is school.  I have four weeks to go before I finish math for the rest of this degree program and I'm looking forward to it.  I've been trying to fit in reading my books, and knitting on my various deadline projects and it's getting to be a bit much.  Actually, I've been trying to fit school into the other things because I'm having a tough time forcing myself to stick to my studies.  I'm just burned out with these classes.  But my scary sock design is done and I need to tweak the pattern a little bit.  I'm working on the Sleepy Monkey Blanket for Nicole's baby and loving it.  The monkeys work up so fast!  I still have to finish the Bridgewater shawl for Garner's bride, and then I have a pair of toe socks to knit for Aaron's counselor.  After that...I have 7 sweaters-worth of yarn to knit through that I picked up at the Bella Yarns make room for more sale!  You read that right.  Seven-sweaters-worth.  I will never have to buy yarn again at this rate, but I already bought some this week when I ordered a chart-keeper for a buddy, just to make the shipping worth it.  I need a new scarf and hand warmer set so I bought a kit and got some extra yarn for this pair of hand warmers I want to knit for myself.  This will be a pretty little set to wear when I don't feel like wearing the same tired old red scarf for the 5th year in a row.  Now, if I can just keep from getting side-tracked by the new fall yarns when they come in.

No comments: