Saturday, July 24, 2010

Radio Silence

I've been pretty busy as usual, but that's nothing new.  Since I last posted, I got the results back on Alex's blood test and confirmed that he is anemic.  We've started him on the iron supplement and he'll have his blood work done again in 3 months.  I'm hoping this will help him get into a normal sleep pattern soon, because this morning he was up at about 5am and climbed into my bed...so I've basically been up since 5am...and I went to bed at about 2am.  I only have so many of these days in my before I'll snap, lol.

The sale at work has been fantastic!  We only do one sale a year, and when we do, we do it right.  I've acquired enough yarn at this years sale to knit 8 sweaters!  I just went through my que on ravelry and added the yarn to my stash so that I could put those yarns in with the patterns that I had in mind for them when I bought them.  They are the first 8 sweaters in my que...actually, the first 12 sweaters in my que have the yarn hiding out in my stash somewhere and I hope to get them knit.  If I want to, I could join 'knit a sweater a month' and actually make that happen (except for when school, work, and kids interfere).  And I still have a full bag of yarn coming that I ordered when we did the Fall ordering!  I think I've finally lost control, lol.

In knitting news, I'm still plugging happily away at the sleepy monkey blanket but I'm not going to have time to knit the back piece before the shower next Saturday.  I'm thinking that I'll either buy a piece of fabric to attach to the back and give it to my cousin-in-law, or I'll knit a quick pair of baby booties and include a photo of the blanket as an IOU gift.  I really want to knit the full blanket as written, so I'm thinking this is the more likely solution.  I've also finished the Night of the Lepus sock sample and pattern for the Super Sock Scarefest group.  I emailed the PDF to Yarnyenta yesterday and I'll be notified of when the pattern will be released.  If you want to join up and knit this pattern (plus several others), go on over to the Super Sock Scarefest group on Ravelry and join up.  We start knitting on September 1st, and sign-ups close on the 5th.  Come on...you know you want to knit socks designed around scary movie themes...give in to the pressure. 

I've been designing on the fly again, and I've come up with a chart for a robot-head blanket that looks promising.  It's inspired by the comforter on Alex's bed and I'm thinking of knitting it up for him since he really likes robots now.  Maybe I'll even get around to knitting the Mr. Roboto kit that I ordered just for him and promptly had to put on the back burner.  But not before I finish the shawl for Garner's bride.  Totally off topic, but I love it so much that he married a 6' woman.  As a 6' woman, I think he has fabulous taste, lol.  Maybe I'll even get to meet her in January when I go out to help my mom after surgery.

In school news, I received an invite to join the Golden Key International Honor Society!  I accepted.  The invitation said that I was in the top 15% of my class at Kaplan, and my GPA is 3.95.  That's the highest I've had in my life and I was so excited.  (If I've posted this already...just scroll down, lol.)  Somehow as much as I'm not enjoying my statistics class, I'm still pulling an 'A', and I earned a perfect score on my last homework project (which I was sure I'd bombed).  I also have 100% in my research methods class (although this last project could change that...) and I just don't care for that class very much at all.  I should totally be doing school work right now but it's hard to push myself to get it done because I just don't enjoy the subject matter, although my new status as a Golden Key member is certainly a motivating factor.

My obsession with True Blood continues full force.  I'm reading the books like my life depended on it, and I own the first 2 seasons on DVD.  I even converted a friend and she liked it so much that she got HBO so now I can go over to her house on Sunday evenings and watch the episodes in real time!  It's great!  I bring my knitting, but I don't touch it because I'm afraid I'll miss something.  And my love for Eric, Pan, Lafayette, and now Franklin keep me from being able to concentrate on my project lest I should miss the most minute facial expression or turn-of-phrase.  It really is out of hand.

Well, I think I've fooled around long enough.  Back to statistics.

No comments: