Thursday, May 5, 2011

Finally, the referral appointment.

Eddie curling up with my knitting.
Today is finally the big day...we're taking Alex to the pediatric urologist to see if we can figure out once and for all what's been causing him all the trouble.  Part of me prays that they'll find something so we'll finally have an answer, and the rest of me hopes they don't find something because I don't want him to have to deal with something bad.  I guess we'll know in a few hours.

In the mean time, I've got a giant afghan made out of Eco Wool that needs a crochet border (sorry, it's not my afghan...it's a piece of finishing work for a customer).  All other knitting is on hold for now as this giant blanket is due tomorrow.  I've already spent two hours on it, just blocking the edges and working a row of single crochet across one side!  It's huge.  So I guess all other knitting is on hold for a little bit while I tackle it.  I can report that I've worked through the heel-flap and heel-turning on the test sock for Chrystee, and I'm now working the gusset.  I also decided while I was knitting that sock, that I wanted to rip out the heel flap on my BIL's socks and use a short-row heel, which will allow me to reinforce much more of the heel.  Now, I better go get dressed so we can leave.

No comments: