Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Guess who found the camera cord!

So my friends, when I'm not doing homework, or unpacking, or cleaning, or working on the Cascade blanket, or any of the hundred other things I'm supposed to be doing (that I'm not), I'm working on this.  This is my top-down pullover in Noro Silk Garden Sock yarn in colorways S315 (the rainbow) and S269 (the neutral).  My plan is to knit the pullover and then steek it to make a cardigan.  Now you might be wondering why I don't just knit a cardigan in the first place if that's what I want.  And I'll tell ya...you can't ever get Noro's stripes to match up unless you plan to do a ton of cutting and weaving in the ends.  It's an absolute nightmare!  The only way for a person like myself who likes harmony in their handknits is to knit the piece in the round and then cut it.  Right now you're probably wondering what I plan to do about the sleeves...and to that I say "I have no idea".  If I can get them to match up, then I'll knit sleeves.  If not...I guess I'll do short sleeves and wear it with long sleeved shirts.  I'm completely winging this one.  (And sadly yet...that's really what my body looks like...except the silver part).

In other news, I finally joined the last skein of Cascade Eco Wool to my blanket and I'm in the home stretch on this baby!  You have no idea how excited I am.  This piece is monumental!  Right now it's measuring 46" long and I need to get it to about 56".  I just hope that it doesn't shrink too much when I block it out (it's going to get wider, and that pulls up the length a bit).  I want to finish this before the full heat of the summer comes, but I have to say that I've been surprisingly comfortable knitting with this giant blanket on my lap.  It comes down over the end of my feet right now, lol.

And lastly, I want to thank those of you who weighed in on my dilemma from the last post.  I just spoke to financial aid and confirmed that I could take one class without affecting my financial aid...so that's what I'm going to do next term.  This way I take some of the pressure off without getting completely out of school mode.  I think it's a good compromise and I feel good about this decision. 

No comments: