Wednesday, November 5, 2008

all new stuff

today was a very transitional day for me all around. i'm trying to get over the surreal feeling that the election left me with. never in my widest dreams did i think i would see a black president elected in my lifetime and it still hasn't sunk in. i'm so proud to be an American right now and i think that the election and the way it was handled at the end by both candidates helped us gain some of our dignity back in the eyes of the world, (or at least that's what i'm telling myself). i was very proud of what McCain said in his speech and how he would not allow the crown to boo, and how he asked that they back Obama as he will. and i'm very proud of our country for showing that we can make decisions based on what we think is best for us regardless of race, color, religion or anything else when it really comes right down to it.
on the work front, i moved into my new desk and spent the better part of my day reestablishing my email account, assigning printers to my computer, and pulling things off my H-drive back onto my desk top, not to mention having to set up all my junk again. it's a huge process. i also had to have my manager call maintenance to come and reinstall my keyboard drawer into my new cube. the only one who doesn't seem to be having any trouble adjusting to the move is my fish, Emmett.
today my friend gave me a new pair of pumps that she can't wear because they're too narrow for her feet. they fit me perfectly and i love them. then i looked at the bottom of them on the way home and saw that they had the coolest pattern in the rubber on the sole and now it's my mission to try to translate that pattern into a graph for a mitten or hand warmer. this hand warmer thing is getting a little out of control. it's replacing my sock obsession for the time being. as soon as i can get a decent sketch and photo, i'll put it here and see what everyone thinks.

No comments: