Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day


today is a big day for the country and a busy one for me. i got out and voted, and donated blood all while still managing to finish up all my work for the day and make decent progress on the newest pair of mitts for Maria. i love these best of all. they just might become a pair of socks one day but for now they're mitts. Maria made an adorable fleece blanket for Alex which he loves and so these mitts will be spectacular as a "thank you" for making something that my picky baby boy loves.
although you can't really tell in this photo, the light yarn is pink, and the middle of the brown diamond is stitched with tan. it's really cute in person.

1 comment:

Nancy Fletcher said...

These are gorgeous fingerless mitts -- Kristen W (my daughter) has asked me to make some for her. I wonder if it's because she's seen the beautiful ones you're making. So I'll take a break from knitting for Jaydon and his girl cousin, and knit for Kristen. Thanks for the inspiration.