Sunday, March 29, 2009

KoiguGauntlets

This week i went into Gap and bought a Mint green spring trench coat with 3/4 length sleeves. I love it but i need new hand warmers as my red Endpaper mitts don't match this coat at all, nor are they long enough. So here is this perfect excuse for me to go buy yarn! I went into Fresh Purls in Providence and picked up two skeins of Koigu KPPPM yarn in P539, a green and white colorway. it has some khaki and off white, green, mint green, bright grass green and so forth. i worked out the math (i think) and i cast on yesterday to start my new elbow length hand warmers. the color is very pretty and goes very well with my new coat. I guess this is my "tax return" project. I love koigu but i've never been able to pay 26.00 for enough yarn to make one not-slightly-long-enough pair of socks. it would really take 3 pairs but really, I just can't see spending 13.00 per skein x three skeins for only one pair of socks.
So now, I'm off to knit my mitts and watch "The Princess Bride" which I am also reading, and somewhere in the day there will be a nap.

No comments: