Sunday, March 1, 2009


Well, I finished the blanked on Thursday night and it went straight to Momma on Friday morning. She was extremely pleased and thanked me. I told her how fun it was to knit and she told me that "it didn't look like it was fun", lol. I really enjoyed this blanked and I'd definately knit this again (only with the recommended weight).
The spot is just a wet spot where I had to blot out a stain that got on the blanket when i was steam blocking it on my kitchen table, but it looked perfect when i gave it away.
I've had my hands full this week. I started school on Wednesday and I just love it so far. I've tried college 3 different times in my 32 years but I think that this is going to be just perfect for me. I found a college that really seems to know what works for all types of learners, and a subject of study that I'm fascinated by. I'm attending Kaplan University and their classes have a live seminar each week where you can hear your instructor speak to you, but they also type the important things so that people who learn visually can get the most out of each lecture as well as us auditory learners. It's also very easy to takes notes in your lecture when you can just copy and paste the important things right into a Word Document.
On top of school and work, my little one has a pretty nasty cold and he's been a real crank. Last night he finally slept through the night for the first time in about 4 days. Big brother woke up feeling bed today so we all missed church today while I nursed them all back today. Alex has the runniest nose I've seen in some time, and when he wakes up in the morning his ears hurt because he's all plugged up. The doctor said that there's no fluid in his ear so that's good. Once I get him to blow his nose first thing, his ears pop and he's okay for the day. This morning we started our day off with a nice warm bubble bath to get rid of some of the crust and sore muscles, and the Vicks residue. He ate breakfast today, and ate a small lunch but didn't really eat dinner at all. I'm just praying that I don't end up with the cold after nursing him all week.

1 comment:

Nancy Fletcher said...

Beautiful blanket, Cambria! I looked up the pattern on Ravelry and added it to my favorites. Is brioche stitch faster or slower than stockinette? The diagonal effect looks lovely!