Thursday, June 18, 2009

Wednesday Knitting night

Yesterday we pulled of our second weekly installment of the Wednesday Knitting/Crafting group. It was really great, just like I've always heard that knitting circles are supposed to be. There were about 9-10 of us there plus a brand new baby and there was knitting, crocheting, cross-stitching, heel-turning, and book perusing! And two different kinds of brownies. We talked and laughed and got loud sometimes, and the ladies gave me some really great advise regarding getting Dante what's called "extended year services" that he's supposed to be covered for under his IEP since he's failing math. I did call the school and left a message for the guidance counselor who was at a field trip and didn't call me after she got in. She'll be dealing with a very upset Mrs. Washington tomorrow and this will get sorted out.

I have a New Kids On The Block concert tomorrow, my first concert ever! Today I went out and got my hair cut and my brows waxed. I'm getting paid tomorrow so I'll have a little extra to take with me to the show. While I was out today, I stopped by Bella Yarns and picked up the buttons for my FLS and a hook closure for my Central Park Hoodie that I wear every day. I finally put a button and loop on it last week and it really makes the difference in how it stays in place but I decided that a metal decorative hook-eye dealie would look much better and more finished that my non-matching button and crochet loop-button hole. I also bought yarn for Mina's Tuxedo vest pattern from Custom Knits by Wendy Bernard. It will be lavander and I'm going to knit the pullover version rather than the cardigan version because it's just stunning! Now I just have to force myself to stay with my FLS until it's finished, and that shouldn't be much longer because I just started the first sleeve. Also on deck: Something Red, also from Knit and Tonic. I've been drooling over that one for years now so I finally bought it. And speaking of purchases, I just bought my own copy of Custom knits (this is borrowed), a copy of Cookie A's new sock book, and Fitted Knits. Lots of new patterns on the way courtesy of Knit Picks.com

No comments: