Sunday, June 14, 2009

Monkey'n around

I finally gave in and knit another pair of Cookie A socks. I knit a pair of monkeys found at Knitty.com in a limited edition yarn from Skinny Sheep. They're much prettier than they look in the photo and they're really soft and comfortable (due to the yarn) and stretchy (due to the pattern). I can see how these can be addictive, they were a lot of fun to knit. I've got plans for a pair of purl-less monkeys as I've seen them around the web and they look fun too.
These only took just over a week to knit and I had them off the needles and on my feet before I knew what hit me.

I've been spending my time at home potty training, cooking, cleaning, and baking. My husband doesn't know what to think, lol. I've been trying to save money by making everything that I can from scratch at home (or near scratch). Alex got a cake with butter cream frosting from scratch and some cupcakes (boxed) with home made chocolate frosting. The cupcakes were a big hit, and after they were gone I had to break out the box of yellow cake I had in the cubbord and whip up another batch with the chocolate frosting I made before. I've also been baking bread and I made a good wheat bread, but it's heavier that my boys are used to for sandwiches and they don't really like it except as toast or dinner bread with butter on it. My friend Natalie gave me a link to her blog that has some really good recipes on it and I just make the curried lentils tonight. I've tasted it and I love it, but I've yet to serve it to my family. Hopefully they like it because I got sick this week and in my blessing I was told that I needed to cut out the meat so there will be lots more of these types of dishes as I embark on a vegetarian lifestyle...Heaven help me.

I've started another sweater in the last week as well, and I'm knitting the February Lady Sweater by Pamela Wynne of www.flintknits.com. This is knit from the top down so it really allows for being able to try on the sweater as you go to get a custom fit. So far so good for mine. I'm nearing the end of the body and will be picking up the sleeves soon. Wednesday night at my knitting group should be a good time to get some serious work on it and see how I like it.

No comments: