Monday, July 27, 2009

The best day ever! (part two)


Look what came in the mail today! My books finally arrived today for this up coming term. The mail-lady brought me an open box and told me that the UPS driver delivered them to the wrong 234 in my complex and that the woman living there had given it to her. She brought them to the back door and knocked, which was odd since she had already been to my back door and literally opened the door and threw a package on my kitchen floor...so I sort of expected her to do the same this time. Maybe the only reason she actually knocked is because it's a crime to tamper with my mail, but it's perfectly acceptable for her to just open the door to my home and throw stuff inside. So anyway, I opened my first package and (I kid you not...) I jumped up and down screaming that my Wollmeise arrived. I am totally in love and I can't wait to knit something with this yarn. But first I think I'll just keep it for a little while, and touch it and love it before I even get around to winding it into a lovely center pull ball.

I went onto the Wollmeise site today (I've taken to stalking it like other obsessed knitters) and I was very upset to find that she had updated the "in stock list" today and that everything was already sold out. I've looked every day for two weeks and today I got lazy (I was preoccupied with trying to get through to the RI Unemployment Teleserve line) and I missed it. Nuts! Well...I guess I'll just have to pay more attention and stalk it properly. I need more.

So, Monday will be the big day and I'm not too excited about it. I'm going in at 9:30 am and I'm sure I'll be fine when I get there but I'd much rather be at home with my boys...even if they act like they did today. I've gotten my work clothes washed and sorted out, and I've been back in the gym for the last week or so, which helps my work clothes fit better :) I also needed to get back in the gym because I need to get my energy back up. I also needed to get some iron pills because I just felt really weak around that time of the month, but I've been feeling much better now. I think I'm getting the hang of this "vegetarian" thing, and I'm cooking more now. It's been fun and my family will eat some of the things I cook (voluntarily). Maybe I can slowly shift them over.

No comments: