Thursday, January 27, 2011

International Sweater-a-Month Dodecathon

Well, I've finally gone and done it.  I've joined the IntSweMoDo2011.  The basic idea is that you finish 12 adult-sized sweaters in the year of 2011.  I joined up late, but its still technically January and I did start a new sweater for myself this month.  I've also got a stash of yarn large enough to complete at least 10 more so I should be able to do this without having to buy any yarn for this challenge.  I spent most of last year knitting shop samples, and projects for my kids or someone else's kids, and I really miss knitting what I want.  My goal this year is to knit for myself (or others, but only if I feel like it), and to go through my apartment and get rid of everything I never wanted, didn't ask for, and don't like.  I guess this is a year for declaring myself, lol.

IntSweMoDo2011 #1: the Effortless Cardigan, knit in Ultra Alpaca, color: Peat Mix, size 39".  I modified this slightly, knitting the body about 1 1/2 inch longer before starting the decreases so they would hit me where my actual narrow part hits (this is important because I don't have much of a 'narrow part' so I really want to make the most of it). 

Also, I just finished a pair of mittens for Alex with the left-over Cascade 220 superwash handpaint in the beautiful dark blue/purple colorway that I used to knit Aaron's socks.  He loves them.  Right now, I'm knitting an I-cord so that they don't get separated.  Knowing him, he'll just find a way to lose them both, lol.

No comments: