Monday, March 28, 2011

Get ready for a Blizzard (hat)

the inspiration for Blizzard
 Blizzard is almost done!  The lovely Jen, better known as SheWhoKnits, has finished test knitting the chunky slouchy hat that we all loved so much from our favorite show...what else?...Bones.  Right now I'm working out a little issue with one of the chart directions, but that should be okay soon.  The hat looks just like the one that lovely Emily wears in The Blackout in the Blizzard and Jen is working on a beret version as I type.  We should be able to release this lovely design in a day or two, so get your chunky yarn and your pom-pom maker ready.

Also, I'm making fantastic headway on the second of my two patterns for the Yarn Crawl.  This one is a pretty stripped chevron beret with eyelets and garter stitch accents, and a matching set of hand warmers.  Sounds crazy right?  Wait till you see it!  Pics coming soon.

Lastly, it's about that time again...finals.  I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but my classes run 10 weeks.  That means that I'm suffering through finals...every...10...weeks!  Why must I suffer this way!??  So anyway, expect the customary radio-silence next week while I do my best to keep my nose to the grindstone and pass these classes.  Oh, and have you gone over and joined my Ravelry group yet?

1 comment:

cvawter44 said...

I am looking outside the window at work in Indiana and it has just started snowing again. It was in the 70s for a few days recently! I can't wait until the pattern comes out because it will be perfect for this winter weather that is back:)