Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

This Easter, I decided to keep the candy minimal and it was a good thing that I did because Alex was bouncing off the walls just from the excitement.  We got to church on time (for the third week in a row...yea new record!) and while I was there I knit two more of those little Mochimochi Land bunnies.  These things are quick and addictive.  They're great travel projects, and I've been using the yarn scraps from one bunny as stuffing for the others.  I've made six so far, but Alex has lost two and I gave one away today. 

In non-productive knitting news...I had to rip 40 rows out of my blanket for Cascade today because I made a mistake on the cable row.  Normally I could just drop those particular stitches and knit them back up in the correct order, but those wrapped stitches throw a monkey wrench into the system!  I tried to drop just what I needed, but I just couldn't do it.  It killed me!!  So I've lost two days worth of knitting and I'm back to school so I'm slower now.  Sigh.  I guess I'll go do some homework and see if I can free up a good block of knitting time to get back on track.  Normally I'd just burn the midnight oil until I'd made up my lost ground, but I'm working on the whole 'balance' thing and I'm living mostly caffeine free these days so lack of sleep is more of an issue now.  Don't worry though, I'll pull it together.  Now, off to sugar up on jelly beans and finish my reading for schoole.

No comments: