Monday, June 20, 2011
This is my completed Noro Silk Garden Sock pullover. I went back and removed the original collar, and reknit it with natural instead of the color because I didn't care as much if the natural matched exactly, and I knew that I wasn't going to be able to match up the cuffs exactly with the other colorway. This step actually opened up the neckline a little bit for me and it's a more flattering fit. I used just under two skeins of the natural (although I think I'll need to go into the third when I steek this and knit button bands), and 1.5 skeins of the rainbow. I went for 3/4 sleeves, and 3 inch ribbing on the bottom. From the armholes to the ribbing measures about 18 inches, and I knit the sleeves for 9 inches from the point where I picked them back up to knit.
I found the most perfect red buttons for this sweater. They bring out the red stripe perfectly. After I finish my papers, I'll start working on the crocheted steek (courtesy of Eunny Jang's tutorial) and I'll make button bands. I like the sweater (and I'm wearing it right now) but I know I'll get more use out of it if I can wear it as a cardigan. I love this sweater so far, and I'm looking forward to finishing it and wearing it all through the summer and fall. And, as an added bonus, I have an idea for what to do with the two extra skeins from this project, which is inspired by my outfit disaster from yesterday. I have a really cute skirt that can be worn as a summer dress with a tube top, but I can't wear it without some type of little cardigan or shrug to cover the bra straps. The only one I have looks like its too small and the whole outfit looks bad. I thought a cute little stripped Noro shrug might just be the answer I've been looking for. So, once I finish the projects and get this steeked, I'll cast on for that shrug and see how it comes out.