Monday, June 6, 2011

Quilt & Cable Blanket, for Cascade Yarns

I'm so happy to finally announce that my blanket is done!  It turned out more beautiful than I imagined it to be.  And by complete chance, it also turned out to be reversable!  Who knew.  At the end of the day, I ended up using most of four skeins of Cascade Eco Wool to knit this giant.  The finished demensions (while blocking) were 52"x64", and it covered the majority of my queen-sized bed.





This blanket could easily be knit in Cascade 128 as well, if you need to be able to wash it in a machine, but wool stays pretty clean and it probably wouldn't need to be washed more than once a season.  I washed this one in my tub.



This is a shot of the pattern in detail.  The quilted appearance is done with a neat little cable-wrap that I worked out just for this project.  This is only done every so often, and the rest of the piece is knit in 2x2 ribbing.  It's great t.v. knitting.



This is a shot of the pattern, on the wrong-side of the blanket.  It turned out to be just as pretty as the front! 

So, the blanket is finished.  I provided photographic evidence.  I now have to format the pattern and ship it away to California.  Stay tuned for info on when the pattern will be available through Cascade Yarns.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous. Love the color and the motif. The motif would work great for a lot of different kinds of projects.

Monika said...

It's a beautiful blanket!