Saturday, July 30, 2011

Why am I so constantly tired?!

Hercules, the neighbor's cat in my garden
I feel like this guy!  I'm so tired all the time.  I know this is starting to sound like a broken record, but I just can't figure out why I'm so tired all the time.  It's probably a combo of not eating all that well in the summer (cause it's too hot to cook...or eat), and staying up late with school work and knitting, and then getting up early with Alex (who isn't sleeping well again).  I just need a serious nap.  And this supposed break from school, where I'm only taking one class instead of two...that's crap.  This class is as much work as two classes, and my only solace is that I don't have another one to try to fit in to my day.

Complaining aside, I did manage to get my pattern typed up this morning and out to the testers.  Now I just have to find the time to knit the mate, and then it's off to Cascade (assuming there are not huge errors in the pattern).  I'm looking forward to working with them again.  My only regret is that I don't get to keep the samples...which means that if I knit something I particularly love...I have to knit it twice.  I sort of have a 'thing' about that.  There's just too much to knit and not enough time to do it in, so I almost never knit anything twice.  It's got to be a really special pattern for me to knit it multiple times (like the Baudelaire socks by Cookie A, or the Natalya hand warmers by Savannah Chik).  And to be honest, even after going through my Ravelry que and weeding out three solid pages, I still wouldn't be able to knit everything in there if I started today and did nothing but knit from now to the day I died.  So my blanket that I love so much...well, the likelihood of my ever having one of my own isn't good because I just can't spend that kind of time reknitting something that I've already done.  Besides, I have at least three other blanket ideas in my head right now and those need to get out!  Plus I have  few sweater ideas and I think I might be ready to take that leap finally, after all, I did just design something with some lace in it and that was pretty intimidating at first.  I'm honestly feeling like I can do this, and there's a lot of help out there to make it happen. 

So, that being said, I'm going to quit fooling around and get back to my homework.  I still have to read 40 more pages, write a 3-4 page paper on schedules of reinforcement, and post to two discussion board questions plus respond to at least four of my classmates...all by Tuesday at 11:59pm EST.  Oh, and in case you were wondering, I've knit the Baudelaire socks twice (and will have to knit them at least once more to replace a pair I wore out), and the Natalya hand warmers in some version or other at least five times.

2 comments:

Michou said...

You should check your theroid and your level of vitamine b12 :-)

All the best.

Cambria said...

Thanks Michou,

I'm taking a B-complex with C every day, but I might take you up on the thyroid check. And getting into bed much earlier would probably help too ;)