Sunday, July 17, 2011

I guess I *can* wear shawls

Forgive the craptastic photo
Anyone remember this?  It's the lace-edge swirl shawl that I knit in the Noro Kirameki Singles for the shop almost a year ago.  It's finally come home to live with me, and although I was happy to have it back, I was unsure of whether or not I could pull it off.  I know I've said this before, but I'm not really a lace shawl kind of girl (although I love to knit them).  So today it was pretty warm and I decided to bring this with me to church instead of my Noro sweater.  The air conditioner was kicking pretty good when we got there and I was glad to have it.  I tossed it over my shoulders and it took the chill right off without being too warm.  And you know what?...I felt pretty in it.  Turns out that this circular shape works well for me and it looks good on.  Guess I can wear a shawl after all.

1 comment:

MOM said...

Cam as pretty as you are you could wear burlap and be georgious in it! Very pretty shawl nice colors ..