Monday, January 5, 2009

1st finished object of the year

these socks have been a love/hate obsession of mine for about 2 years now. i started them in 2007 and for some reason thought it would be fun to knit toe socks. the toes weren't fun and i got really sick of these in no time. after a really long time away i started the second sock, which i now know that i cast on a few too many stitches for, and worked on these for a little bit. i used a 2mm needle and it just took way too long. i gave up about half way down the toe.
the other day i realized that i couldn't find any of my wool socks and that i really wanted another pair. it just made sense to finish an almost finished pair than to start an entirely new pair so i pulled these out of hiding. the toes worked out much better than on my first foot and i had to wing it because i lost my notes. but after making gloves, i realized that the toes didn't have to be a guessing game and they knit up much faster than the first foot. however, the overall sock fits better on the first foot. i lost love for this color, and for the pattern, and over all they are a disappointment. a warm, warm disappointment.

fitness check 1/5/09
weight: 197.2
work out: arch trainer 9 minutes incline 6 resistance 10
ab crunch 50 lbs, 2x12reps
back extension 50 lbs, 2x12 reps
hip abduction 50 lbs, 2x12 reps
free crunches 1 set of 10, 1 set of 6

1 comment:

Nancy Fletcher said...

The toe socks look cute, even if you didn't love knitting them. I tried toe socks once, but after completing the fiddley litle toes on one sock, I couldn't bring myself to do toes on the other. So I pulled out the little toes and finished them as regular socks.

Ask Kristen to show you the sweater I knitted for Jaydon. I was happy with it except for sizing. The sleeves are way too long with cuffs too tight, while the body is too short. It will soon be outgrown! :( It was a Sirdar pattern, which I won't use again.