Saturday, September 10, 2011

A beautiful Saturday

Today was Alex's first trip to the temple, and while it wasn't without incedent (Alex knocked the prayer roll box off the counter and made a huge racket in the quiet temple), it went about as well as I could have expected. 


 We waited outside the distribution center for the rest of our group to arrive, and then we went in and heard some stories about how the site for the temple was chosen.  Did you know that there are fossils in the granite floors of the entry way?  I had no idea, but they pointed a few out.

 Then we got to go inside the temple and see the visitor center (for lack of a better word), and listen to another story about the sacrifice of early saints as they built some of the temples.  They also pointed out some of furniture and the rugs, and talked about how the trees and flowers symbolize the tree of life.  It was really neat.
We all got together after, and Raini took family photos of everyone, and some group shots in front of the temple.  By that time, Alex had just about enough of being still and quiet so we decided that we would skip the picnic afterwards and just head home.  (Can you believe I took that photo?!)  Anyway, if you would like to see the full album (there are just too many to post in the blog), you can view it by clicking on this  link.

Oh, and I made great progress on my socks yesterday.  I like how they're coming out but I really had my heart set on a certain element of the pattern and it just doesn't have the same impact without it.  I think I'll try it again on the second sock and see if I can't somehow get it to work.  

Enjoy the rest of your Saturday!

No comments: