Sunday, September 4, 2011

Fun with my boys, lol

Now I know that this is, at the end of the day, a knitting blog...but I've had projects that I wasn't free to share so I've been giving you some insights into my crazy day-to-day.  And I'm sure that you've seen just about all you want to see of my family on this blog (lol) but my mom (who lives 3,000 miles away) reads this blog to stay up to date on what we're doing, so you're gonna have to suck it up a little bit ;)  Or you can take it up with her...

Anyway, things are starting to get back to normal, which means that I've got lots and lots of stuff on my plate.  The boys both start school on Thursday.  Dante started seminary on Wednesday and I just had a meeting with his teacher about his expectations for the year (more stuff to keep track of).  I'm driving some of the kids and teachers up to the temple this Saturday for the upcoming Primary Temple Trip.  I have my final project due this Tuesday.  I have my first pattern for the Scarefest due on the 11th.  I still have physical therapy, and my cat is due for a check-up at the vet.  Whew!

Oh, and my MIL asked me to knit her a sweater that she saw in some high-fashion magazine.  She tore out the photo for me, and I immediately took out a pin and started sketching over the top of the photo, to correct the issues that make that sweater unwearable in real life.  Then I flipped through to find what the hot colors were for the season, and went to work to pick out single skeins of several different yarn options for her to choose from.  I have a feeling this monumental project is going to end up as my first official pattern release...since I have to design it anyway and will have done all this work.  This will be a project that I get to show you and I plan to take you through the bulk of the process with me so you can see how my brain works (can't promise it will be pretty, or make sense).

Now, unfortunately I had planned to upload a video for you but my blog was giving me a hard time, so you'll have to click here for the hilarity.


No comments: