Thursday, September 8, 2011

Rainy with Raini

This is my buddy Raini, and we were getting completely drenched in the rain while doing a photo shoot for my latest pattern design (which goes live 9/11/11).  She's so talented that she managed to take some really great photos with my little point & shoot camera.  I'm sure that we looked completely crazy to passers-by.  As a matter of fact, I know we did because a woman walked past us while we were doing one of the sidewalk shots, and she gave me The Eye.  Here's why:
Yep.  I looked like this, in public.  Plus, I was standing outside in the rain, in my handknit socks and a white skirt, getting completely soaked.  Sorry I had to cut off my feet in the photo, but the socks still can't be seen until after the pattern goes live.  But can you see my Vlad Shawl peaking out from under my husband's gortex jacket?  It rained so hard at one point that even his military-issued rain-proof coat couldn't keep me dry.  You should have seen me, with my wet sweater sleeves and my wet socks and crocs, at physical therapy.  I certainly made an impression in these socks, lol.  But at least my feet were still warm (wet socks and all).
Oh, and it also might have been Alex's first day of school today.  Lets just say that things went about as well as I expected they would, and that's why his teacher met me right as I picked him up to tell me that he'd had a difficult day.  I looked her straight in the eye and said "That doesn't surprise me."  We'll be scheduling a conference ASAP.  Also, Alex said school bored him and he doesn't want to go every day.  Sigh.  This is going to be a very, very long year.

No comments: