Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Takoma, here I come

I was innocently surfing Twitter today when I saw an announcement that Knitty's Deep Fall 2011 issue went live today...so I clicked the link to check it out.  That's when I saw this!  I swear I gasped and my hands went right to my face, and my heart rate increased.  Of course I clicked the photo and went to the pattern description, and started to plot about what colors I would use, and about how I already have multiple skeins of Eco Wool and Eco + in my stash...  Then I went to Ravelry and stalked it until the pattern was put into the database so I could que it.  I just saw it there a few minutes ago, so I qued it so fast that my fingers caught fire and the keyboard may have melted a bit.

I've been obsessed with Cowichan-inspired sweater patterns like this one I saw on Knit-Picks website, or like this one, or this one, or this one.  Yep, they are all in my que right now.  That would be the que that currently contains 10 pages worth of patterns x 30 patterns a page, that I'll never live long enough to knit through if I started today and did nothing but knit for the rest of my life.  That que.  So.... if I ever get done with school, and I finish my current knitting obligations, I might get this sweater finished before I die.  Or at least right after Alex gets his back-to-school sweater and Aaron get's his afghan.

Oh, how I love that sweater!

No comments: